I’ve just returned from a two-week trip to France and spent 5 glorious days in Paris. Packing for Paris can be a little daunting because a. the weather can be unpredictable and b. it’s a city oozing with style. I hate looking like a tourist when I travel and wanted to blend in as best I could, with a bump no less. I travelled to Paris around 6.5 months pregnant and decided to embrace the burgeoning bump with a little capsule collection from Spree. I’ve put together a list of 15 items, both maternity and non, that I lived in on my trip. Not only is the collection super comfortable (a non-negotiable, really), but you’ll see by the prices that everything I’ve listed is really affordable. What I haven’t included in my haul are some staple tops/tees and black slacks because I already had those, however Spree does have a pretty wide selection of basics too.
We were really lucky with the weather in October and although autumn was full, fabulous swing, the temperatures were high and we had some beautiful sunny blue skies. The mornings were chilly and gloomy so I layered up and made sure I had emergency flats in tow. The three pairs of shoes I picked were both comfortable and stylish; I’ve had so many compliments on the brogues. The maternity jeans have been a lifesaver and I’ve lived in these babies; they come in black too. Dresses are so comfortable and cute with a bump and the ones in my haul are practical without being frumpy. Two of them are non-maternity, win! One of my favourite picks is the over-sized shirt in a pale blue stripes, also non-maternity and super cute with black leggings and the brown suede flats I’ve listed.
Here’s my capsule collection from Spree:
- Cold shoulder swing dress for R399 // here to shop
- Self-tie bodycon for R262 // here to shop
- Striped side-gauge tank dress for R329 [maternity] // here to shop
- Over-sized shirt in pale blue for R389 (runs large so size down) // here to shop
- Off-the-shoulder linen dress for R329 [maternity] // here to shop
- Longer-length waterfall cardigan for R349 // here to shop
- Pleated sleeve swing dress for R284 [maternity] // here to shop
- Leather core style jacket for R1995 // here to shop
- Grandpa cardigan for R239 // here to shop
- Printed neck-tie in navy for R59 // here to shop
- Skinny jeans for R495 [maternity] // here to shop
- Round black sunglasses for R149 // here to shop
- Suede pointy push-in mules for R499 // here to shop
- Ankle-strap wedges in black for R329 // here to shop
- Alicante black brogues for R214 // here to shop
Happy shopping and I hope you like what I’ve put together. If you’re worried about sizing and shopping online for clothes, Spree makes returning items really easy. I actually love shopping this way because I don’t have to deal with malls, parking and over-stuffed rails, can try on everything in the comfort of my own home and then return or resize the items I need to. Easy.
If you have questions about any of the items I’ve listed, please holler.